Teaching at the Art School
The Art School is always looking for excellent teachers with exciting new course ideas. We take pride in the high quality of our instruction and the student-centered learning environment offered here at the Art School. Please review our website to become familiar with the subjects we currently offer.
- BA or MFA in studio art, art education, or relevant teaching subject
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Teaching certification preferred for children and teen instructors (but relevant experience may be substituted)
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching field
- High level of quality in personal artwork
- High level of personal motivation and dependability
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled in organizing subject material in incremental steps designed for beginners, or whatever skill level the class encompasse
- Ability to nurture, encourage, and support the creativity of children and/or adult students
Class Submission and Instructor Application
All instructor applicants are required to submit a new class proposal at the above link. Once there, you will also attach your cover letter and résumé.
If you have any questions, please contact:
The Contemporary Austin Art School